I'm currently reading The racehorse owner's survival manual
by Tom Ivers
Published in 1989, Prober, Available from Equine Racing Systems (Fairlawn, N.J, Vevay, IN (RR3, Box 109, Vevay 47043))
Thanks Mel for the good book tip. I'm digging up some wonderful information to round out some of what I've read in endurance "how to's". I'm only a little way into the book and have four pages of notes! Phebes is still on R&R and I'm sitting around, reading, and regrouping for next year (ie. formulating some sort of improved plan as things have become static since the onset of DEER HUNTING SEASON). If you have any must read books on the topics of training the endurance athlete vs. the endurance horse, please share. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association