Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
November 12, 2009
Easyboot Gloves: All terrain, incredible hoof boot.
I know that some of you use various kinds of hoof boots and struggle with boots coming off in muddy conditions. If so...I strongly encourage that you give the Easyboot Gloves a try. I've been hock deep in mud before and came out with my Easyboot Gloves intact. Last weekend Doug rode his horse Cree wearing the Gloves, he accidently stepped into a bog that literally sunk Cree up to his knees in deep sucking mud. Cree came out of the bog with boots (muddy) ON. I have done some tough training rides in them, cantering, trotting, and always MUD MUD MUD, the Gloves stay put. I have not had any rubbing issues from the gaiters either. The key is to get the right size for a snug fit. If you are marginal on fit, try the Power Strap to further snug up the boot. The Easyboot Glove is lightweight, easy on, and easy off unlike older models of boots. I can put four Easyboot Gloves on in the time it took to apply one of the older model boots. Taking them off is incredibly easy. Fold down the gaiter, twist, and pull the boot off. Clean up? I hose them down, and actually throw them in the washer on "gentle", they come out looking fine (please note that this is not in the Easycare line of instructions...but it works for me). To make them look shiny and new? Armour-All or other product intended for your vinyl dashboard, and they become all nice, and shiny again. It is my hope to have her booted all around next season and try, try, again. ~ E.G.