Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
September 2, 2009
Phebes Horsis Extra-ordinarious
We blend right into the scenery in that photo with all the green, black, and shadow..
Phebes will have the next three days riding off. I have 12 hour workdays the next two days, Mom stuff on Friday morning, and a rheumatologist to see Friday afternoon. I hate the days that I can't ride, but it does give her a chance to get over the hill climbing, sore muscles, and to add back weight which she loses when we ride.
My alter egos are at war.........wanting that clean completion this year vs. just forging ahead with lessons and starting over next year with a sane and safe horse. Just reading I can see the answer, but every inch of me wants that 30 mile LD under our belt. *sigh* Even done at a crawl, I SO WANT IT.