Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
August 25, 2009
We just worked at that sweet little trot this evening. I wanted to know if she would remember and she did. Doug took a video clip so I could see what I am doing and it was very helpful. My toes are pointing out, my legs don't look like they are in the right position, my hands are too high, and when things get out of line I start tipping forward. So I have some things to work on. Phebes also doesn't have a head set. She will set her head if we are stopped and I use rein pressure, but in motion it doesn't work. She is moving nice though, and I think some lessons will benefit us both. ~E.G.