Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
July 26, 2009
No miles-no energy-nada
We had the memorial service for my stepdad (my dad for the last twenty years or so) today. No time to ride, no energy to ride. If I can't get myself focused and on track this ride season will be a total wash. Today I feel as if someone unscrewed my plug and all of me has ran out...and seeped deep into the ground. You all have been there at some time or other. This person who was not my biological Dad, was my Dad for all intents and purposes. Loved my Mom with all his heart, loved my kids, and their kids. Suddenly I feel that half the anchor of my life has let go, and I'm adrift. He was the person who cared about all of our hopes, dreams, and desires. I'm really going to have to suck it up if I'm going to make my October deadline with my horse. Will really have to reach to even want to. ~E.G.