Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
June 24, 2009
Heat Indexes / Humidity in the danger zone has put the skids on training.
This will set back our potential ride at Salamonie. So we won't be able to try again until Fall. It is probably just as well since I have doubts and reservations about her being able to muster through another ride. But I went out and pushed a mower for an hour, and thought how sick I felt, and how would my horse feel carrying me around in this hot humid weather. So we are sitting it out, and we will miss the deadline of training distance for Salamonie. I'm just going to look at it as KARMA. Getting in a hurry when the little happenings are telling you to slow it down, is just asking for trouble. Phebes is loafing under the shed until the weekend. We will do some early morning rides and some late evening rides then. In the meantime, I'm going to finish reading a book by Greg Isles. ~E.G.