Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
May 17, 2009
When the going gets tough....
...the tough get going! Just for fun today I broke Puddin' out of retirement. She was like putting on an old shoe, feels a little funny at first, but then, just right! My beautiful old girl (this is Phebes mommy by the way) who is blind in her left eye, and only about half sighted in the other. She rode well so long as her blind side was to the fence. With her sighted eye to the fence she was unsure of the distance, no depth perception would be my guess. She would stop within six feet of the fence on her sighted side. I do think she would ride a clear trail quite well still at pleasure riding pace, and I might let her do that some this summer if I can find an able body to ride along. She is such a sweet old horse my Puddin.