Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
April 2, 2009
The count-down to our ride continues to edge closer and closer. I'm trying to work out a training partner for Saturday. Plan A: is to ride with Nicole if Arabee is 100% or Plan B: load up and ride with Chris Eickleberry at Brown County. Of course both are somewhat dependent on the weather. I can handle riding in intermittent light rain, but I draw a line in the sand (well--mud) at thunderstorms, or torrential downpours. They are actually calling for a chance of snow the beginning of next week. Now REALLY! I have flowers blooming, trees all budded out, let's not revisit winter, what say you? Oh....this Granny is beat and calling it a day. ~E.G.