Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
April 1, 2009
6 miles of mostly hillwork tonight on Phebes
Her cut from yesterday dried right up, and she's moving sound. Seems no worse for wear. We did plenty of slow hill work tonight. This horse is just itching to go....she is a pent up ball of energy looking for a place to happen! She behaved herself though. We still have a lot of work to do at sustaining the trot. She still wants to do the driving sometimes and break gait, especially on the uphills. I was SO HAPPY to get to ride my horse tonight. Tomorrow is out, as it is my long day at work. Hoping for Friday and crossing everything on a ride with Nicole Saturday. Hoping Arabee is up to it and Nicole has her girth by then. Nicole if you don't...I have a short neoprene dressage girth I can loan you until it gets here! ~E.G.