Finally getting the stuff pulled out of the trailer, rain go away!!!
Inventoried my camping gear, washing, drying, re-packing.
Very concerned about getting it all ready, but still much to do.
Everything needs checked, and rechecked, and packed to go...
Only F-I-V-E days until The Chicken Chase. I went out and purchased red ribbon today to put in Phebe's tail, just in case. Picked up a blue tote from the Dollar Store to put her hay and cooler in at the vet check. Bought V-8 and Gator Aid, cereal, and snack food. Purchased batteries for the flash lights and Garmin. I have all this stuff piled in the kitchen as I pulled my rug out of the horse trailer to wash it...oh my gosh...a winter's worth of dirt on that thing. Dragged the water tank out of the barn, and have to hose it down and flush it out. Still need to locate my muck bucket. Used my car to drag all this stuff out of the trailer and barn, and it needs cleaned big time now.
Doug was supposed to come with me this weekend, but our old boxer girl has about had it. She kept me more occupied today than the work chores. Her hips have all but given up, and she just doesn't feel good anymore. Those kind of decisions are hard to make, but must be made eventually. The down side to pets is that you have to let them go and make the decision in the pet's best interest, and sometimes it is hard to keep your desire for wanting to keep them---- out of the way of letting them go. If Molly is still with us, he may need to spend the weekend attending to her. I've thought about canceling our ride, but it wouldn't change not one darned thing. You can't change the wind or the waves...or life or death, all you can do is love, and when the time is right, let it go. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association