Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
March 25, 2009
Schooling and slow hill work tonight
It did rain today and the ground was pretty sloppy. So the work we did was slow, and the hills were walk up, and sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddde down. So far we are on schedule. I am noticing that out on the trail she is really bracey with her neck, the lateral flexion is about non-existent. Up in the round pen she is soft and fluid with her movement. So I'm going to start incorporating stops, bends, and leg yields into our trail rides. It will keep her mind occupied, and maybe help her get soft. She is absolutely STIFF in the neck out on the trail...ready for flight? She was a good little turd overall. She saw fire for the first time tonight. Going past a neighbor's house she did a startle when she saw it. But she was fine after that. Still counting down....24 more days. ~E.G.