I've been laid low with some sort of flu bug all weekend. Shivering, huddled under a blanket, and sleeping. Still not feeling the greatest but trying to force myself to get up and get moving as my work schedule resumes tomorrow.
My last ride on Phebes was Friday. She needs another good training ride in this week, and then maintenance rides in between prior to The Chicken Chase. We have rain forecast most of this week. Somewhere in this we need to fit in ten miles of solid trotting. We've been training mostly solo which is less than optimal trying to save on fuel costs. Hoping maybe Nicole will be available for another ride sometime soon once Arabee's rub issue is sorted out.
That's the full report. Ride them ponies...~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association