February 1, 2009

One little chore done thanks to Locust Grove Tack & Feed

What would I ever do without Mr. Huffman, who's taken fenders off, and put leathers on, and took leathers off, and added strings, and clips, and rings, and on and on....If NASCAR drivers have their pit crews, well--- Mine is Mr. Huffman. Today he pulled my Crestridge fenders and replaced them with my leathers and Easyride stirrups. It did lighten things up a bit, maybe three or four pounds total. Want to thank Nicole for posting up the photo, and getting me motivated to try it. I've still got to test ride it, and see how the leather will work out for me, but I really don't see why they should not work? I'm going to play around a little with the adjustment. Usually I ride with a very long leg, but I don't think that plants me on my seat bones, and makes it easy to lose a stirrup. On the other hand, if I get my leg too bent, the arthritis starts calling my name in a very LOUD & RUDE manner.

Had my morning round on the exercise bike at eight miles this morning, sweating, huffing, and puffing. Puts me up to sixteen miles so far this week, so at least another 14 to go. I'll try to do another session tomorrow, and then again on Friday.

Things are starting to thaw, I'm itching to ride, just not sure if the trails out back are safe enough with the ice layers. I'm going to have to chew on that idea for an hour or so. Phebes tack has all been cleaned, and is ready to roll. ~E.G.

1 comment:

  1. Go ahead and ride! I couldn't keep from it today, even though it was a shorty.

    I'd love to see a picture of your newly rigged up saddle if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete