Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
February 2, 2009
I rode, but the mission was aborted.
Saddled Phebes out and headed out back. The snow is crusty and layered with ice, and her hooves punched through with each step. We went out about a quarter mile, and I turned her back to home. I could just see all kinds of ways that could go wrong ,stepping into a ground hog hole that you can't see, the crust soring her. Not worth it. So back we came. I'll have to hang in there for Wednesday and see if things look better. I did enjoy having my easyrides hung on the saddle, so the switch was a good thing, but I may have to wear half chaps until I can get some fleece covers. Rode my eight miles today, torqued it up some more on resistance. ~E.G.