February 11, 2009

EXCITEMENT!!!! The fit kits are being shipped.

I can't wait to try out the Easyboot Glove on Phebes. Hoping mine will get here by the weekend. At least it will answer the question one way or the other, and I'll know what my options are. I guess it will be the Gloves or the Epics. I like the New Edge boots but they are just too far out of my price range. Just in case the Easyboot Gloves do not fit her lengthwise, I've been thinking in my brain of ways to make the Epics more secure at speed. Karen had suggested getting a size smaller heel strap to replace the ones the Epic comes with. I'm turning around the idea in my mind of how to utilize the foam, and protect the gaiters from getting any foam on them all at the same time. Now I'm expecting someone to say just forget the gaiters and foam on plain old easyboots. But I don't intend to foam for training rides, only for competition. I'm also wondering if the same thing wouldn't work with the gloves to fill in that extra boot length in back? If a person drilled a couple pilot holes in the back could you mix a little foam into a BIG syringe and just squirt a little back there to fill in the back of the boot? I'm even considering play dough or some other soft resilent putty...AM I A DESPERATE PERSON OR WHAT? I so want the gloves to work for her. I think I'm going to head to the barefoot forums and see if anyone has foamed on an Epic without ruining their gaiter.~E.G.

8 comments:

  1. I measured my standardbred's hooves and it looks like the size 2 gloves MIGHT fit on the fronts, and the size 1's on the back.....Will be interested to see how they work for you because I have the same problem...nice strong barefoot hooves that don't fit into most boots :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you can take the gaiters off the Gloves, Epics, Bares, etc and foam them on. They go on and off fairly simply. I've done it a few times. I would just take the gaiters off when ever you want to use the foam. Haven't tried it yet but I'm planning on trying it for some long conditioning ride out at Henryville next month, hopefully.

    Michelle Detmer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, let me know when you get your fit kit and I'll try to ride at Versailles that following saturday so I can try it out too.

    Can't go out this saturday. But hopefully the following saturday.

    Michelle Detmer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay! I'll let you know where and when I'm riding and bring it along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What size would Phebes be in the renegades? I have a pair of 0's if you'd want to try those on her for fit. (Michelle you can try them too, to see if they'd fit Stormy if you want)

    I am going to come ride with you sometime (if you don't mind?) soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, Nicole, wanted to let you both know I went to the park today and the access to the hill that leads to horse day parking is gated closed. They said it "might" open this weekend if there isn't too much wind damage from today's storm. So if you plan on making a weekend run to the park, call ahead on Friday at the park office to find out if you will have access. It would be a royal bummer to haul for an hour and have to turn around and go home. I'm only fifteen minutes away, and I wouldn't like it! ~E.G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to TRY to go out the 21st. If either of you can come that weekend that would be great.

    Yes, I would love to be able to try on the renegades. I do believe that is the size Stormy would need and I'd just like to see them in person anyway. And try on the Gloves.

    I see it's not on your schedule to do that, Jacke. But maybe you could do a short ride at Versailles saturday and ride brown county sunday?

    All I know is that I can't go the 14th or the 28th. (the 28th is Laura's girls birthday party and it's at 3pm. I don't think I would be able to haul out there and make it back in time, but maybe if we rode earlier than 11)

    Michelle Detmer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the call too that they were finally being shipped. I can't wait for the fit kit to arrive so I then try to get the actual boot!. This will be my first time putting a horse in boots.

    ReplyDelete