Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
February 11, 2009
Changing my work out routine.
I will attempt to have 1 hour workouts at least 3 times per week until the weather improves. This morning's workout included the stretch bands (the lowest resistance to start). Muscle groups worked include Pectorals, Biceps, Deltoid, Quadracep, Trapezius, Latissimus Dorsi, Triceps, and Hamstring stretchs. Then I did a short session with 5 # weights to work the pectorals, biceps, and Trapezious. Breathed awhile *LOL* and the on to the exercise bike for a bit over eight miles for my cardio. I'd sure like to get one of the balls to work on my balance....maybe in a couple of weeks I can pick one up. An interesting side note to all this is I've decreased my snacking to about zilch, eat a light CHEERIO breakfast, and have gained 2 pounds. Let's pretend it is PURE MUSCLE MASS, Yeah! TODAY: 60 minutes. NEXT WORKOUT: Friday. Now I need to get out to the barn and let my big muddballs out. ~E.G.