If the footing is halfway decent I may try a ride here. She is about due for some schooling exercises anyway. I talked with Chris today as she was on her way to the Indiana Endurance Rider's Banquet in Indy, we are both so over winter. February is almost gone, and our temps seem to cycle rather wildly in this part of the country. So it is ride when you can because tomorrow may be frozen, slushy, flooded, you catch my drift?
Did get an exercise session in today but not much else accomplished. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association