Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
February 5, 2009
-2 degrees this morning
My long day at work. The sun is supposed to come up and hoping Puddin can stand in the sun, she is cold. The temps will get up to about 20 today, then we start on a warming (rainy) trend. I finished up my 30 mile bike goal last night. I've found that on days I work, where I'm sitting all day in front of a computer, that I just can't peddle more than 3 or 4 miles. I've been at the bike thing for a few weeks now and I seem to have hit a plateau as far as what i can tolerate in time, speed, or distance. All I know is to just keep chipping away at it. My fitness needs to drastically improve over the next eight weeks if I'm to compete my first ride on Phebes. Off to chase the "almighty" dollar....~E.G.