My personal ride schedule for 2009
Sundays: 1-4 pm Here
Wednesday: 1-4 Here
Friday: 1-4 Versailles
Saturday:11-3 Versailles or Brown County (later in spring shifting to Henryville).
I figure that gives me four ride days a week. I'll more than likely get weathered out at least one or more. One the days I can't haul out, I can work up in the arena area. She needs the extra work, even if I do an hour of ground work, and get on and ride after that. I'm thinking into the new year (2009) that I'll alternate rides between Brown County and Versailles on Saturdays January-February. Beginning in March I'll need some fuel money for hauling out to Henryville on Saturdays for long slow distance, and will try to haul to Versailles on Friday and Sundays for some faster short rides, and on into the first two weeks of April. I'd like to take Phebes to Chicken Chase just so she can learn to camp, and experience all the new sights and sounds. Maybe we can "attempt" Top of the Rock in May if things go well. Salamonie is a nice flat ride, if they repeat it...maybe we can give it a shot. We will see. ~Endurance Granny
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association