Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
December 25, 2008
Christmas Day Ride
We loaded up the horses this morning and went for a ride at the park. We rode the horses slow, as the ground is frozen, and the footing not the best. Phebes did really well today with her buddy along (Big Cree). She didn't have any of the pulling on the bridle, wanting to race, or spooking or shying. She was real sensible, had her head and neck in a relaxed posture. She also loaded going and coming back real nice. The sun is out today, the air is cold, but sitting on your horse you stay pretty warm. The best "present" of the day was getting to ride my horse. ~E.G.