Forecast is rain turning to snow 70% chance here, and 90% chance there. Temps in the mid to low thirties, so risk of hypothermia if someone gets saturated. BIG OLD BUMMER... I'm going to ride Phebes out here this afternoon just in case, so I can get her total mileage in for the week.
Anyone want to come over and ride with me this afternoon? About 3:00? Put on some orange....and let's ride. ~Endurance Granny.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association