Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
November 29, 2008
Since tomorrow is doubtful I rode a few laps out here.
I did a couple miles up front to get the bugs out, and she had a few, spooked really bad twice and I held on by a thread....after that settled down I went out to the trails behind us with my garmin and did another four and half miles or so. That went really well. We trotted a little, cantered a little, but had to do a one rein stop at one point as she decided while cantering to buck. Otherwise, a good ride, trotted and cantered some up the field, and the usual hand walking down the road to cool her down, then brush her good prior to being turned out. I figure every ride that I actually ride and don't fall off is a GOOD RIDE! She starts settling down about the time I need to quit. Wishing for good weather tomorrow, but not holding my breath.~Endurance Granny