When I got home Doug had the horses in the barn slurping up warm "glop" which is their chow, mixed with beet pulp, and warm water. Phebes is hysterical as she entertains herself by blowing bubbles in the stuff, like a kid blowing through a straw for sound effects. He said they were all clamouring to come in from the cold, so I didn't take her out to the round pen. I knew her belly would be way full of warm mash, and I just didn't have the heart to send her back out into the cold. He said they had cleaned up every scrap of hay today.
Hoping for that turn around in the temperatures for the weekend. Sooner would be good, as I want a ride on Phebes Wednesday. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association