Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
October 22, 2008
Ground exercises and schooling exercises tonight
Only 1.5 mile total under saddle work, mostly remedial work....she was a pain in the pahtootie tonight. It was chilly and the wind was blowing which created some issues for her. The treeless is IMPOSSIBLE for me to ground mount. So that is going to create some challenges if I come off, or need to have a little pit stop behind a tree in the woods. She did settle down after I rode her about fifteen minutes, and we stayed at it only a little over half an hour. Now work tomorrow as it will be my long day. I leave in the dark, and come home in the dark. Rain is forecast for Friday. So I can only hope for the weekend.~E.G.