October 29, 2008

Back to Louisville today, hoping to bring Mom home

There were no calls over night, so I'm hopeful that I'll be bringing my Mom home from the hospital today. Will be leaving for Louisville shortly. If she gets released early enough, I'll run get her prescriptions, and try for a ride on Phebes this evening. I'd like to get enough of a ride on her that she'll be a little more pleasant getting the hoof trim she needs. Three miles will usually get her into a "good" frame of mind.

Doug ordered a mounting block for me, so he doesn't have to go along on training rides to help me up anymore. Since I've switched to the treeless I've needed a hand getting up, as I can't ground mount anymore. The mounting block will allow me a place to climb on board, so barring any unplanned dismounts, I'll be okay to haul her by herself and try to start riding alone. A little frightening as volatile as she can be, but she's not likely to get better without some miles under saddle. A perfect catch 22 scenerio, so you have to do, what you have to do!

A few more slugs of coffee and I'm out-a here! ~E.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment