Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
September 2, 2008
The Magic Number....as in mph
Wanted to mention that when figuring all those top ten finishing times, and dividing them for an overall average speed, the "magic number" is 7.6 mph. So that will be our training goal, to gradually get to that speed, and to maintain that speed as much as possible over varied terrain. I'm already thinking SPRING!!!! Wish I could skip the winter months, and start training now in a serious way, but she isn't quite ready. ~E.G.