September 3, 2008

The Garmin Forerunner 101...My Virtual Training Partner


I'm waiting on my Garmin to arrive. This is the low end GPS from Garmin that you can wear on your wrist. It tracks your speed, distance, and time. The Garmin Forerunner 101 also offers what is called a Virtual Training Partner, where you can set the speed of your partner, and see if you are ahead or behind at your training pace. I'll set it to the "magic number" of 7.6 and when we are able to beat our virtual training partner, I'll figure we are ready. It may take four weeks, or it could take four months! Another feature are the way points, that allow you to make a simple digital bread crumb map so your can retrace your route if you get turned around on trail. This could be really handy if you miss a ribbon or a turn in unfamiliar territory. I'll need to stock up on batteries as this is not the rechargable model, and requires 2 small batteries which will handle 2-3 training rides max. The final feature is that it saves your ride data, so that it will be available for me to log onto the blog, and keep accurate mileage totals. Seriously can't wait to try it out!~E.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment