September 27, 2008

Distance 3.02 miles Avg. speed 3.5 mph Time: 00:50:00

Phebes was still pretty moody and disrespectful today. She is acting "hormonal". My time was slow because I had to get off after twenty minutes and work her from the ground. She was moving, but I was not, so the Garmin was somewhat inaccurage due to it being on me, and not on her. I think her fastest speed would have hit a good 13-14 mph when she was galloping around the arena full out. After she worked about ten minutes, she lowered her head, and faced me when I said whoa. I got back on and she trotted out real nice for the remaining mile we had left to go. She also let me unlock the gate mounted and rode through it real nice. She acted a little more squirrely after I got her out of the round pen, but I put the focus on walking and cooling down, then she had a bath, and I turned her out with the others. We are still planning on at least one trail loop at the park tomorrow. ~Endurance Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment