Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
September 27, 2008
Distance 3.02 miles Avg. speed 3.5 mph Time: 00:50:00
Phebes was still pretty moody and disrespectful today. She is acting "hormonal". My time was slow because I had to get off after twenty minutes and work her from the ground. She was moving, but I was not, so the Garmin was somewhat inaccurage due to it being on me, and not on her. I think her fastest speed would have hit a good 13-14 mph when she was galloping around the arena full out. After she worked about ten minutes, she lowered her head, and faced me when I said whoa. I got back on and she trotted out real nice for the remaining mile we had left to go. She also let me unlock the gate mounted and rode through it real nice. She acted a little more squirrely after I got her out of the round pen, but I put the focus on walking and cooling down, then she had a bath, and I turned her out with the others. We are still planning on at least one trail loop at the park tomorrow. ~Endurance Granny