My back pain is progressively getting worse. Hoping that nothing is cracked, or otherwise bad enough to fully put me out of comission. Between Doug and I we aren't one good body. He limped back on his bad knees, and I gimped back with a brace on, and we got the trees out of the way. There is still a lot of small limbs to remove, but it will have to wait.
Phebes did good on her ride tonight. We made pretty good time at 3 miles in under 41 minutes. She did not get winded at any point, but did want to stop a time or two. I let her walk one lap, and then we'd trot three, reverse, walk one, and repeat.
Ride on ~Endurance Granny
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association