My Mom was hospitalized in Louisville KY so I spent the first few days of the week making that trip to Louisville and back. Went back to work yesterday and had to work twelve hours so the person who covered for me on Monday could go home early. Mom was supposed to be released last night, though not much is resolved. They know what is "wrong" but it will take a number of trips to Louisville as an outpatient to get things fixed.
In the meantime, Big Cree has gone lame on the rear. We haven't a clue why...he was fine, and then next day he wasn't, so he's out of commission for trail leader with Phebes. Puddin's eye is stable, but she is just too small to carry Doug, so I'll be back to schooling exercises for awhile, which is okay.....she needs it.
Off to work~EG
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association