August 11, 2008

Schooling Exercises today

We worked twice yesterday. Once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I want to get her responsive and correct at the trot and the canter. The trot is going well, but the canter..........not so good. I don't feel that the issues with the canter are all of Phebes fault. I just can't seem to find my balance point at the canter, and after awhile she takes exception. The trot is flowing nicely and she is steering well, and has a good whoa, or transition back to the walk.

Cree is still "lame". Doug booted him on the hind and he has only a very faint lameness when booted. So obviously the issue is below the pastern, and at the hoof as suspected. The boots just made him immediately got from grade 3 lame to barely grade 1, so I'm thinking a deep bruise to the bulbs of the heel. We will keep Cree booted for the week and see how it goes.

~Endurance Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment