Hey Distance Riders! I've located a tack sales place that has the beta/biothane overlay bridles at a good price. The best thing though, is you can order some of the components separately! What's so good about that? This means you can purchase, or already have a black beta bridle, and order the brow bands in COLORS. It makes your handy black plain old bridle a very versatile piece of equipment. You just change out the brow band, and you have a "new" look. I'm all about the colors with my horses and intend to order a black browband with maroon overlay, and a black browband with a white overlay. If I can sneak in a third, I'll do brown over black for a more traditional look. That will give me three ways to dress up the Phebes, for about $30. I've also located a place that has the saddle strings in white, you could dye these to match the browbands ....(yes, I have the sickness) *LOL*
The website for the browbands is: tnthorseequipment.com
p.s. I'm ecstatic over the progress with Phebes!!!!
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association