We will start working the program tomorrow. Building on trust instead of fear, working on areas of resistance, rewarding with release of pressure. Frank Bell's system was one of the few that works from the aspect of building the horse's trust first, then working from that foundation. Since Phebes has so many fear issues, this seemed like the best of the training systems out there. We are going to give it a go. The DVD's include:
Discover the horse you never knew.
Spooking and Shying.
Communication in the saddle.
Water & Bridge Crossings.
We begin again tomorrow under the new plan! ~Endurance Granny
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association