I went to Locust Grove Tack and Feed in Osgood, IN and had Mr. Huffman attach my Easyride Stirrups to my Sycamore Creek Saddle over the weekend. This took at least a pound or two off of my saddle weight. If I don't like them, I'll put the originals back on with tapaderos and pad for the ball of my foot.
The weather here has switched from ice to rain, rain, and did I mention rain? Lots of it. We have a poop soup paddock, trails are pastern deep or more, and very slick.
I'll be offering a neat little item for sale soon. A clip on that hold your park pass. It clips right to a saddle dee, and your pass is highly visible, and secure.
My work schedule is now Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. The extra day will help, and I will still have three days to train/condition the horses.
Off to work! Have a great day ~Endurance Granny
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association