I could not wait to get out and measure the girls with it. Puddin' will take the red gullet and Phebes will just fit the white. If she gets any broader I'll have to go to the X wide saddle made for bigger horses. My hope is that as she gets exercise she will lose some of the fat and that will compensate for any growth. We'll just have to take it one day at a time and see how it goes. But for the meantime I'll have a saddle that will fit both horses.
The easy-ride stirrups arrived and they are nice! Also delivered were the Wintec webbers (a thin synthetic leather). Just waiting on the saddle to be delivered.
We are going to have a fun winter if not too much snow piles up.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association