September 12, 2007

We covered 24.7 miles today / ride time: 4:45

Puddin' and I covered some ground today. I got up early and found her shivering as we we went from the high nineties last week to almost down to 40 degrees last night. Nothing like good old Indiana, either humid and hot with the bugs sucking the blood out of you or so cold your bones knock together. But I digress! We went almost the full 25 miles today. She could have, but the day was moving on and I was wanting to get her home, and fed. Our total ride time was 4 hours and 45 minutes, we only took 30 minutes for lunch. She really wasn't overly interested in food at the half way, she ate a little, and drank some water out of a water bottle. When we started our second loop she drank from the creek, like ten big swallows, and as we were finishing up she drank again from the same creek, twice!!! She also drank a little from the hose, and some more out of her water bottle I had brought along for the dry stretch of trail. We didn't gallop and we had NO RUBS and NO interference marks. So I guess Corydon will have to be done at the trot. It was an awesome day. ~Endurance Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment