Checking her hooves tonight she is really needing a trim on the front, and her backs could use a micro-trim. We did our usual 5 miles in a hour, cantered a little, but her heart wasn't in it tonight.
Chris Eickleberry is leaving for Nationals tomorrow with Jake (WR Cowboy). Believe she said they are shooting for the 50 mile competition. Exciting stuff!
A shower for me and then I'm calling it a day. ~Endurance Granny
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association