Looks like today will be another cold rainy day. Won't be able to get Phebes (Lil Bit of Magic) to the round pen again. If the drizzling stops I may try to get a ride on Puddin' this afternoon. It's pretty muddy but I can take her on a reasonably flat loop. She'd only have one little hill to slide down and three creek crossings.
Continuing to apply for part-time work here and there...not having any luck. Last year I had some $ and no trailer, this year it is looking like I'll have a trailer and no $.....have been writing some articles and selling them, but finances are tight. So go the hopes and dreams of the ~ Endurance Granny... tomorrow is another day.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association