February 26th, 2007 will be a date to remember in this household. After three job lay offs, and a wait of almost three years, a two horse slant rolled into the drive. Phebe's new buggy is a 2002 Pro Stock, bumper pull, white, floor is in great shape, had been converted to a straight load, but on day two I switched it back over to a slant. There is no tack room, but I believe there is enough space in the nose that I can have something built in and secured. It came with a 20 gallon water tank which will help when Puddin' is my ride, since she is a water snob. It must be clean, cool (not warm, not cold) and chlorinated or that arab ain't drinkin'!
Phebes has been introduced to the outside of the trailer and she was initially very hesitant, but after two laps around the thing she was touching it with her nose and tasting the tires (which are brand new). The trailer was a gift from my step-dad and Mom, it is the best thing EVER! The Endurance Granny will not only ride again, but I'll do it somewhere else...wooooweeeeeeeeeeeee!
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association