August 17, 2018

I'm still breathing

Still out here rattling along playing the waiting game.  Journey has about an inch of stretched white line from the winter laminitis episode the grow/ trim out.  She progressed to a point, and then it has been a very definite off right front ever since.  Some days pronounced, other's barely there.  Lot of uncertainty on her being ride-able again.

After nearly passing out at my desk from the intense stress of my job this past week, I put in notice.  It is scary walking away from the money, and I know I'll have to replace it, but my health has really suffered being the phone intermediary calming down very righteously upset customers for the past couple of years.  I generally do a good job of that, but picking up the phone is like a game of Russian Roulette, you never are quite sure if there is a live one in the chamber.  Try healing gastric ulcers while doing that.  It hasn't worked out so well for me.  Now I'll have to  find work again.  The older I get the more daunting that is if you want more than a minimum wage.  We are located 30-45 minutes from anything for even potential employment.  Plan to give myself a few weeks to just chill and try to get my guts working right, and start looking again.






No comments:

Post a Comment