My goal this year since my time is so limited is to get both of the girls riding like they have a brain. Phebes has issues that prevent her from high performance goals, but it would actually be great for her to do some trail work. If I could get someone to ride the spotted monster it might be do-able to get them both trail worthy again. A year off certainly hasn't done them or me a bit of good. Journey is FAT, Phebes is CRANKY, and it is making me feel OLD. Hells bells on that I say! Spring is just around the corner and I can't wait.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- Green Bean Endurance
- American Endurance Ride Conference
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- (TEVIS) Western States Trail Foundation
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Ohio Arabian & All-Breed Trail Riding Society
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- EASYBOOT GLOVES for the barefoot horse!
- Can your horse do endurance barefoot?
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association