Hubby's two surgeries are now in the history books. He is doing well, going to therapy to build strength and doing well all things considered. So the most of that worry is set aside and we just have to get him stronger. Hoping he can return to work after twelve weeks off.
I continue to have serious stomach issues. Have a history of ulcers and pretty darned sure I might have me a doozy. The past year has just been so tumultuous. Actually the last two years. My Mom was treated radically for cancer. Surgical side effects. My brother had emergency quadruple bypass surgery, my first great grandchild died, determined that I have a corneal disease that seriously effects my speediness on the computer, my job was putting so much pressure on me concerning one single task (didn't matter that I worked constantly on the other tasks effectively) that I just couldn't take it anymore and quit the job (bye bye vacation hours and benefits), found a new job and it is a very high stress job (customer complaint resolution on the phone) (big complaints) (did I say BIG complaints?). Training for a part=time job to go with it currently (this one I will like) but still the learning curve. So when the smoke settles I have to find out the deal with my stomach. I've been on meds for two years and still getting gradually worse. Wake up off and on all night so no good solid sleep due to the pain of it. But most of those things are behind me. Hoping the part-time job gives me enough hours that I can look for another part time job, and get back to my de-stressing (a.k.a. riding my horse in the woods and enjoying the stillness). Hoping, hoping♥
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- Green Bean Endurance
- American Endurance Ride Conference
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- (TEVIS) Western States Trail Foundation
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Ohio Arabian & All-Breed Trail Riding Society
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- EASYBOOT GLOVES for the barefoot horse!
- Can your horse do endurance barefoot?
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association