Last week I made it my task to contact as many of the candidates for Director at Large as I could find contact info for. A few I did not bother as their views on a couple of issues important to me are well known, so no need. But I did contact a good number of people and posed just a few questions (all the same questions) to them.
How will you build and maintain membership?
Are you for or against stand alone LD's?
Do you feel that how things presently are with AERC is "good enough" or if you have a vision for change...what is that vision?
What is your position on AERC being involved with FEI/the international scene?
At this point I know two I will vote for, one maybe, one nope! Still have one in the wings going to respond and a big old bunch of non-responders.
We should have the ballots rolling in pretty soon, which should have a statement from each person running. Hoping that will help me out a bit.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association