I surprise myself that I could ever have thought she was a kind of homely little horse. Cute, but in a homely sort of way. Looking at her now with my heart open to her for almost three years now, she is this beautiful creature. She is not beautiful in the way that Phebes is (that whole arabian thing), but there is something fierce and independent about her. All I see is determination. Even when that determination is working against me! She is an honest horse with a big dose of try. How could I ever have seen her as homely?
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association