My blogging here on Endurance Granny will likely be more sporadic, and ride focused, with an update every now and then. I'm wading boot deep into the Green Bean Team © competition, creation of a new web home for it, and sponsorships and such. It is all a fantastically good thing though. The thing I love most in life is creative thought, being able to "give something" to others (even if it is a magical green sponge), and foster a sense of belonging to new riders (green beans) in the sport.
The goals? Foremost is TEAM competition. Moving into 2016 we hope to increase the number of teams competing for The Green Bean Team championship. The move to this blog based environment will allow us to keep the site free for reading purposes, and competition fees lower. We are working on a streamlined competition venue for 2016. Our prize structure will be changing...but we see it as all good. So if you can't find me here, you will certainly find me there or on our competition group page.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association