Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
April 27, 2015
Good news, bad news
Phebes had about six digital xrays today of her left fetlock, left knee, and both hooves. The good news is she has beautiful nonarthritic joints, no chips, spurs, java, zip. Thank you that will be $340. No that is not the bad news....as I watched Old Dominion swirl down the proverbial drain pipe. The fault likely lies right on us, not being as diligent with her trimming cycle as we were when I had her in competition. The toe needs to be worked back over a twelve week period, she toes in slightly so she wears her heels unevenly, and these things we used to pay close attention to, but have slacked on. Time to tighten up and get with the program.