Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
July 21, 2014
Intervals...too hot for much else
The weather isn't fit for long work. At least in my playbook. So we did a set of intervals. Working out the kinks at a new location this evening around the boundary of a neighbor's hay field. She did well, certainly not digging in like she could, but any day we canter/gallop without bucking counts in our "good day" column. Maybe seven nice little gallops interspersed with walk/trots and then the 1/2 mile walk back home.