The Daniel Boone Distance Riders have put a new ride on their calendar called Summer Breeze being held out of the Deam Lake Campground, reservations through the DNR. Date: July 11 and 12th. An Introductory ride is being offered. You can find the entry form and information by clicking here.
The Spotted Wonder is going God willing and something doesn't smack us right down for thinking it...she is not a hot weather horse AT ALL and I am not a hot weather rider NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT. That said, we will likely enter the LD ride, and hope to do a multi-day which Journey has never done before. I figure we do our best day one, and ride for a finish day two, but knowing our record....day one vs day two won't look too horribly different *lol*. But that is okay.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association