It really isn't news worthy, blog-worthy, or even particularly interesting, but regardless, I'm glad to be back at it with my horse and moving towards Spring. Several people have given me their assurance that Spring will indeed return if I just stare out at the grass long enough. Journey though she has a rather strong personality and likes to cast her vote in things has been a good match for me in a horse. I'm mostly feeling grateful today that I have her, and that I can hopefully ride her as long as I'm able to continue riding. There is something about being on the long side of middle aged that nothing seems certain, like when you are young. Gives one pause to listen to the radio each morning and hear the reports of who kicked off over night, and many are younger than you. Makes you kind of want to grab the brass ring while you can.
I've wondered some lately about my inadvertent abrasiveness to other people. Especially in the blog-is-phere. I laugh when I think about it as I seem to have a mysterious talent for it. It is never my intention to come across that way. As a general rule I really like people, and take joy in their happiness, and feel sad when they hurt, and love their adventures. For years it has been somewhat of a mystery to me that I repel rather than attract. Today I figured it out. It is because I refuse to be controlled. I will be your friend, your family member, I'll share my stuff, and keep your secrets, but I will not, WILL NOT be controlled. I've no interest in cliches, or snobbery, or being told how to live, or laugh, or play, or in telling others how they should do likewise. Maybe I like to follow the beat of my own drum. I like that about me, and once in awhile someone else does too ♥
Off to world of work and mental health for the next couple of. Have a great week. ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association