July 23, 2013

The Lofty Goal of 2013


You know what they say about the best laid plans.  But at least we have a framework to sort of go by.  Taking it pretty slow and gradual.  I'm not particularly worried at this point in the horse end of things, but I do have some concerns about my own ability to hang with it.  A year off did not do me any good, it is like starting over trying to build stamina, battle the heat, and more or less hang with the horse rather than fall on my face dead in the heat.
It seems odd to find myself as the weaker link in the chain of training, but right now I am.  We've got about fifteen weeks to "get-er-done".   We can but only try.   There is a tentative CMO right smack on the date we need our longest slow ride, not sure what to do about that.  I could move it out one more week maybe...

Then there is this foot thing.  My achilles is my FOOT.  Can't inject it again, last time I had xylocaine I crashed and went into respiratory distress, so now using a topical anti-inflammatory which helps, but not near enough.  If I get through this season I think in the winter I'm going to go see an orthopedic foot surgeon and see what can be done.  The problem resulted from Big Cree trying to jump into my lap during a lightening storm, crushing down on that foot.  I never went to the doctor for it, but pretty sure it was maybe a little bit broken.  Never been right since.

So taking a deep breath, working the "lofty" goal of 2013 to have my horse back in condition, and maybe attend a ride in the late fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment