Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
July 23, 2013
The Lofty Goal of 2013
It seems odd to find myself as the weaker link in the chain of training, but right now I am. We've got about fifteen weeks to "get-er-done". We can but only try. There is a tentative CMO right smack on the date we need our longest slow ride, not sure what to do about that. I could move it out one more week maybe...
Then there is this foot thing. My achilles is my FOOT. Can't inject it again, last time I had xylocaine I crashed and went into respiratory distress, so now using a topical anti-inflammatory which helps, but not near enough. If I get through this season I think in the winter I'm going to go see an orthopedic foot surgeon and see what can be done. The problem resulted from Big Cree trying to jump into my lap during a lightening storm, crushing down on that foot. I never went to the doctor for it, but pretty sure it was maybe a little bit broken. Never been right since.
So taking a deep breath, working the "lofty" goal of 2013 to have my horse back in condition, and maybe attend a ride in the late fall.